Welcome to the Lionheart Academies Trust
Our Trust is currently made up of a family of four schools. The lead academy, Beauchamp College is an Outstanding 14-19 provision based in Oadby. The two primary schools, Riverside and Highcliffe are both based in Birstall and an 11-19 provision, The Cedars Academy, following the merger of Stonehill High School and Longslade Community College in April 2015 is also based in Birstall.
Ultimately, we believe that any young person from any background deserves an equal chance to be successful in whatever they choose to do. We want to share our love of learning with these young people in order to open the doors to their futures and prepare them with the knowledge and confidence to thrive in a competitive world. We hope you enjoy exploring our site and are able to gain a flavour of our trust. Please click here to view our prospectus.
Our educational mission is simple: ANY young person from ANY background deserves an EQUAL chance to be successful in whatever they choose to do. The trust is committed to supporting young people to open doors to their futures and to feel confident that they can thrive in a competitive world.
Our philosophy is clear. We promote a student- centred approach that is underpinned by the understanding that the highest quality education is a right that all young people deserve regardless of their starting points. We are dedicated to providing young people with the strongest foundations; educational qualifications that they can feel proud about because their education has taught them how to feel proud. We know that promoting a positive, proactive approach that celebrates success unites school communities and breaks down barriers to learning. Students under our care will be taught how to learn in this way. We will encourage students at every level of ability to aspire to develop personally and academically and we will use the ‘4Rs’ as cornerstones of outstanding learning. The ‘4Rs’ encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning, help them to grow in confidence and prepare them for life outside of education. They are:
- Resilience – The ability to bounce back when the going gets tough.
- Reciprocity – Learning to work together and show care and understanding for each other.
- Resourcefulness – Having the confidence to ask for help and to find answers in new ways.
- Reflectiveness – Considering what needs to be done to make the next steps.
Our pledge is a promise to the communities that we serve that we will work with them with limitless enthusiasm and optimism providing a platform for each young person’s light to shine brightly.
To fulfil our pledge we will use the 5Ps they are:
- Pupil Centred – Schools are run for pupils and everything we do is for our pupils.
- Positivity – We all embrace challenges and look for opportunities.
- Passionate – We value nothing more than equity and quality learning for all pupils.
- Professional – We model professionalism at all times.
- Practice – Teachers and other staff will be highly qualified. Subject teachers will be passionate specialists; quality first teaching is at our core.